PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION
- 1. Do I have to send my credit card over the Internet to book a reservation? Is your reservation processing secure?
- 2. Do I need to guarantee my reservation with a credit card or some form of deposit?
- 3. Will my credit card be charged prior to my arrival at the hotel?
- 4. Which credit cards can be used to guarantee a reservation?
- 5. Can I use my Gold Passport awards or Hyatt Travel Partners or Airlines awards?
1. Do I have to send my credit card over the Internet to book a reservation? Is your reservation processing secure?
A credit card is required for all reservations made via Hyatt.com. For your protection, the reservation processing is handled on a secured server that encrypts your credit card information.
For more information about the security procedures on our websites, please review our.
2. Do I need to guarantee my reservation with a credit card or some form of deposit?
Yes, a credit card is required in order to guarantee reservations made online.
3. Will my credit card be charged prior to my arrival at the hotel?
In some cases, a deposit will be charged prior to your arrival at the hotel. Guarantee policies vary by hotel. If the Hyatt hotel where you are staying requires a credit card deposit, your credit card will be charged as soon as the hotel can process it.
To determine whether your credit card will be charged prior to your arrival, please read the cancellation and deposit policy that displays as you make your reservation online. This information displays immediately below the credit card number field. It may also be seen by following these steps:
- Go to Hyatt.com
- Type the location (city, state, country or hotel name) that you want to visit
- Select check-in and check-out dates
- Select the number of adults and children in your party
- Click "Find Hotels"
- Click the "Select" button located under the information and photo featuring the hotel of interest
- Click on the different rate tabs to identify the rate option to accommodate your travel needs
- Click "Rate Rules" next to the desired rate type name (such as "Standard Rate")
4. Which credit cards can be used to guarantee a reservation?
The following credit card types are generally accepted for reservations on Hyatt.com and .
- American Express
- Carte Blanche
- Diners Club
- Discover Card
- Japan Credit Bureau
- Union Pay
As you make a reservation online, the credit card types accepted at that particular hotel appear in a drop-down box next to the field where you type your credit card number.
Please contact us if you would like to make reservations using alternate credit card types.
5. Can I use my Gold Passport awards or Hyatt Travel Partners or Airlines awards?
To check Hyatt Gold Passport award availability, book select hotel awards or request points-to-miles conversions online, please sign in to.
Reservations for Hyatt Travel Partners or Airlines awards cannot be confirmed online. To redeem this type of award, please contact us.